Marriage, as they say, must not be treated like hot rice that you spew out if it scalds your tongue. This Filipino saying basically illustrates the seriousness of matrimony. While our culture is still definitely influenced by the West, many Filipinos still believe in the everlasting love and that one should marry only once and to the person who you believe you will love for the rest of your life.
Finding out who this 'someone' is, however, is surely tricky. Still, there are underlying signs to look for a partner to find out if he or she is a keeper.
Find out the list below.
1. He trusts you. Trust is a ‘big word’. Take it from Sarah Geronimo’s line is the movie ‘It Takes a Man and a Woman’. Your partner is a keeper if he never doubts what you say or do.
2. He wants you to get close to his friends. This is a big deal in relationships. Your beau getting along with your friends prevents you from being torn.
3. He is loyal. No need for further explanation.
4. He knows what you like. Every little detail, whether it’s your favorite ice cream flavor or color, he knows what you prefer.
5. He checks if everything is okay. Yes, he worries about you. He worries about that little headache you feel and asks if you need anything or will just drop by your house to give you food and medicine.
6. Telling you he misses you. Who wouldn’t feel ‘kilig’ by a random text of “I miss you” from your lover?
7. He lets you enjoy your freedom. You’re able to enjoy a time for yourself or a night-out with your friends.
8. He doesn’t forget special occasions. Monthsary or anniversary, he remembers and greets you on your special day.
9. Being alone with each other drives all the negativities away. You are each other’s stress reliever. Sweet nothings such as hugs and kisses make you get through your work frenzy.
10. You know how to have fun with each other. Laughing together, even in the pettiest things.
11. He is eager to meet your folks. This means he sees a future in your relationship. This is his signal that he values you and the important people in your life.
12. He makes plans for the future and you are in it. Whether plans of a summer getaway in suburban beach or how many kids you’ll have when you get married, these things are a proof the relationship is in it for the long haul.
13. You talk about s*x. You communicate about the physical union and he cares if it’s painful for you.
14. He makes things easier for you. He doesn’t let you do all the work, instead, he gives solutions when things get complicated.
15. Your happiness is important to him. He feels happy whenever you’re happy.
Have you found your keeper yet? Tell us what he or she’s like in the comments field below!