If you happen to grow up in a Filipino household, you probably memorized the holy rosary, other different prayers, and religious hymns. You were most likely taught the sanctity of marriage and that physical union is bound by matrimony.
Though some people don’t follow this belief, as some are highly influenced by other cultures, there are still Filipinos who believe that s*x is a sacred union between two married people just like these local celebrities.
1. IYA VILLANIA. Iya and Drew Arellano were in a long-term relationship (10 years) before they got married. Even though the actress believes that people shouldn’t practice pre-marital s*x.
"I don't look down upon other girls who practice it. It doesn't make them less of a person. But personally, I do believe that one should not practice pre-marital s*x," she said.
2. TONI GONZAGA. The singer, actress, and host believes that love should prevail over lust.
"Ako kasi, ang paniniwala ko, at saka kung paano rin ako pinalaki, I think that love should be greater than your lust for each other," Toni said.
3. YENG CONSTANTINO. Growing up in a Christian household, Yeng honors marriage than s*x.
"There's no pre-marital s*x. Gano'n talaga. No to pre-marital s*x, iyan 'yung clear na, 'no to it'. Kasi we want to honor marriage," the Rockstar Princess said.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
4. NIKKI GIL. The singer and actress mentioned in an interview that it was her choice to be a virgin.
"Nobody told me to stay a virgin, or because I'm stuck-up prude na holy-holy. It's my choice. If s*x is something I value, (Ganoon talaga)!" Nikki said.
5. ROCCO NACINO. Sorry ladies, the Second Prince [of Starstruck] is an old-fashioned one.
"Conservative ang pananaw ko sa bagay na 'yan, it has to be traditional. It's a no, not yet," the actor claimed.
6. KIM CHIU. The Pinoy Big Brother alumnus claimed she has never done pre-marital intercourse.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 3
7. JANINE TUGONON. The Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2012 said she will only engage in such physical union after marriage.
"For me, marriage is sacred. Nagyon kasi, parang nagiging norm na lang eh, sa tao. 'Come on, let's do it.' Pero iba pa rin siguro yung pakiramdam pag ginawa mo siya after getting married," the beauty queen said.
8. ROBI DOMINGO. The host said that s*x is sacramental.
"For me, it's sacramental eh. you do it with the one you love yung makakasama mo habang buhay," Robi said.
9. MEGAN YOUNG. The Miss World 2013, physical intercourse, or the lack there of, is a sign if your partner values you and the relationship.
"Sex is for marriage. That's my belief. You say no. If they try to push you, you stay away because that person doesn't value you and the relationship as much," Megan said.
10. SARAH GERONIMO. The Pop Star Princess and The Voice Philippines judge expressed that she’s lucky she found a man who respects her views when it comes to pre-marital union.
"I appreciate na he understands my views on it, and he agrees with me naman. That's why we believe in waiting until after marriage,” Sarah shared.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree with this list? Who are other celebrities that you know who share the same beliefs as them? Share them with us in the comments field below.