Before a celebrity becomes famous, they are just ordinary people. Some of them even held boring, regular day jobs. Not all celebs came from rich families or a clan with showbiz connections. They had to work hard to get where they are now.
Here is a list of celebrities and the jobs they held before making it big.
1. German Moreno - The late, great host of Pinoy TV was once a bibingka vendor and a Jeepney barker.
2. Marvin Agustin - The actor and restaurateur was once a waiter and a mascot at Tia Maria Mexican Restaurant.
3. Lito Lapid - Before he became a senator and a well-known action star, Lito Lapid was a stuntman.
4. Nora Aunor - The Filipina superstar was a peanut and mineral water vendor before she hit it big.
5. Jak Roberto - before he became famous, Jak was a stone table painter.
6. Diether Ocampo - One of the most famous Pinoy heartthrobs was a bartender before entering showbiz.
7. Cesar Apolinario - The reporter sold cigarettes in the streets before he became a regular on our TV sets.
8. Ruby Rodriguez - Ruby was a former pre-school teacher before she became part of the “Eat Bulaga!” family.
9. Marc Pingris - The Gilas superstar was an ice buko vendor before he became famous for his basketball skills.
10. Gloc-9 - The rapper's previous jobs were as a kitchen helper, a service crew member, and a researcher for the Kapamilya network.
11. Isko Moreno - The actor/politician used to sell garbage and junk just to make ends meet.
12. Jovit Baldovino - Before winning “Pilipinas Got Talent,” Jovit used to sell siomai.
13. Marcelito Pomoy - The grand winner of the second season of “Pilipinas Got Talent” was an ice cream and balut vendor.
14. Eddie Garcia - The seasoned veteran actor was a military policeman in Okinawa during World War 2. He also served with Philippine scouts.
15. Solenn Heusaff - The IT girl was a make-up artist before she was a showbiz beauty.
16. Yoyoy Villame - The novelty signer used to drive ambulances before we got to hear his powerful voice.
17. Jose Manalo - The famous comedian was once a production assistant and a clown on “Boyoyong.”
18. Jericho Rosales - This famos actor was once a fish vendor, a driver, and a service crew member for Greenwich before he won Mr. Pogi on “Eat Bulaga!”
19. Richard Gomez - the actor/athlete/politician used to work at Mcdonalds.
20. Piolo Pascual - Philippines' Ultimate Leading Man worked as an ER representative at a local hospital.
21. Manny Pacquiao - The multiple time world boxing champion-turned-politician held plenty of jobs. He was a baker, cigarette vendor, and a construction worker.
22. Fernando Poe, Jr. - The late action movie icon was a stuntman prior to his leading man roles.
23. Ai-Ai de las Alas - The comedy queen's previous job was as a saleslady for a department store.
24. Willie Revillame - The famous host was a former newspaper boy, jeepney barker, and drummer.
25. Dolphy - The late, great King of Comedy was a calesa driver, dancer, and a shoeshine.
26. Joey de Leon – One of the main hosts of “Eat Bulaga!” once worked as a DJ for an FM Radio Station.
27. Dingdong Dantes – Dingdong used to be a backup dancer.
28. Marian Rivera - The Kapuso primetime Queen was formerly a SPED teacher.
29. Vice Ganda - The comedian and box-office movie star worked as a mineral water vendor during World Youth Day.
30. Coco Martin - The famous actor was a caregiver in Canada, a former janitor, and a waiter for Max's Fried Chicken restaurant.
Were you surprised with the previous jobs these famous celebrities had? Are you inspired to go for your dreams the same way they did? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!