Single parenting is not easy especially for someone who has a hectic schedule. Raising children alone is already a tough job alone what more if you are also a full-time celebrity? Their lives do not have fairytale endings like the roles they portray in television or film. Still, having their children around is enough reason to be happy.
Here are some celebrities who are single parents:
1. Angel Aquino – She is blessed with two daughters, Iana and Thea. The actress struggled when Thea suffered from hydrocephalus in her younger years.
2. Karla Estrada – Karla raised four children on her own and known for being Daniel Padilla’s mother. She has to juggle her time on being a mom and also the provider of the family.
3. Susan Enriquez – Susan has annulled her marriage with husband and brought up her daughter.
4. Vina Morales – Vina admits that sometimes she cannot be with her daughter, Ceana because of her tight schedule.
5. Aiko Melendez – She a son, Andrei with Jomari Yllana and a daughter, Marthena with Martin Jackain. Though she has to take care of her children alone, she is content and happy.
6. Coney Reyes – Coney has a handsome son named, Vico with famous host, Vic Sotto.
7. Denise Laurel – The actress sees single parenthood as a challenge. She gave birth to son, Alejandro in 2011.
8. Claudine Barretto – Claudine recently became controversial after defending her newly adopted child on social media. She has three kids, Santino, Sabina, and Quia.
9. Donita Rose – The actress admitted that it is the hardest obstacle yet still fulfilling. She has a 12-year-old son, JP.
10. Miho Nishida – The Pinoy Big Brother 737 winner is a single mom to a daughter named Aimi.
11. Kara David – The journalist has a daughter named, Julia. She reveals that she was scared at first but with the help of her parents she was able to take care of her child.
12. Risa Hontiveros – The politician had to raise her four children on alone after her husband, Francisco Baraquel Jr. died from heart attack.
13. Katrina Halili –The sexy star has a daughter named, Katie with singer, Kris Lawrence.
14. LJ Reyes - She has a son with actor, Paulo Avelino named, Aki who she singlehandedly raises.
15. Kris Aquino – Most aspects on Kris’s life is open to public and it is known that her two son, Josh and Bimby are in her care.
16. Andi Eigenmann – She became controversial for being pregnant at a young age. On her own, she takes care of adorable daughter, Ellie.
17. Sunshine Cruz – Her separation with ex-husband Ceasar Montano shocked many. They have three children together who is living with her.
18. Ai-Ai Delas Alas – The comedienne has three children. She is currently engaged to her boyfriend who is in his early twenties.
19. Pokwang – The actress remained tough despite of losing her firstborn, Shin due to brain cancer when he was only 5. Now she is happy with daughter, Ria Mae and is expecting another child with beau, Lee O’Brian.
20. Paolo Ballesteros – The actor-host has a beautiful daughter, Kiera Claire who is residing in the States. He is in good terms with his child’s mother and ex-girlfriend, Maria Katrina Nevada.
21. Bettina Carlos – Bettina is a proud mom to her bright daughter, Amanda Lucia also known as ‘Gummy.’ She once mentioned that her daughter was ‘unexpected’ but not ‘unwanted.’
22. Jodi Sta. Maria – After splitting with former husband, Panfillo Lacson, their son, Thirdy was put under her care.
23. Piolo Pascual – The hunk is the father of now famous actor, Iñigo Pascual.
24. Jennylyn Mercado – Jennylyn fell pregnant while in a relationship with Patrick Garcia and gave birth to a boy named, Alex Jazz.
These single mothers and fathers are indeed working hard for the future of their children. They should be admired as parenting especially on your own is never an easy task.