Do you like to travel? If yes, then maybe you have stayed in different hotels. Do you know that there are things you have no knowledge about the places you stay in while you’re away from home? Before you get all comfortable know these secrets that hotel staffs do not share with their guests.
1. VIP Treatment – Those who are regulars and appear to have more money are prioritized by the hotel. Anyway, they are the ones who bring a lot of income to the place. If you feel special when you are in a hotel, well imagine what more if you were also a VIP. In addition, they are treated with extra care because they give the maids higher tips. Those VIP guests also have the tendency to leave expensive things behind and just guess who will benefit from them.
2. Snooping – When you are on a vacation or a trip, you do not spend all your time inside your hotel room. Of course you will go out, sightsee and experience the place. While you are gone you are probably comfortable on the thought that the maids are tidying up your place. However, maids confessed that when the owner of a room is not around, they tend to snoop around their belongings. It happens especially when the person staying in the room is rich. Reports say that there was a case where a maid used a guest’s laptop.
3. Couches and Seats – These could be useful when you have unexpected guests around. They could also add character and style to a room. Still you should be cautious in sitting on one. Maids reveal that sofas and chairs are often rarely cleaned and sometimes not at all. If there is no noticeable stain on them, they would be left alone. Imagine all the grime and bacteria that could be staying in what appears to be a comfy seat.
4. Revenge – Better think twice before being rude to hotel maids. They take care of your belongings while you are away so it is advised to be nice to them. One maid admitted that after she was treated rudely by a guest, she used the shower towel in cleaning the bathroom floor. After tidying, she folded the towel and placed it among the clean ones.
5. Ice Bucket – They come in handy if you want a cold refreshing beverage. They often come with some plastic lining which a person is advised to use. Those buckets are said to have been used many times than you can imagine and for different purposes. Some guests may have too much alcohol to drink and becomes nauseous. Yes, the first thing they reach for is that ice bucket.
6. Unclean Sheets – When you’re all tired and all you want to do is sleep, the thought of dirty bedsheets will rarely cross your mind. Many times the sheets you are lying on have been used by the previous guests and were just fixed by the maids. Investigative journalists unveiled this dirty secret by spraying something on the sheets which can only be seen through UV light. The following they observed that the marks are still present.
7. Trying on Dresses/Clothes – Before going on a vacation, you tend to plan your outfits so you can also look good on photos and pick suitable clothes for the place’s weather. As mentioned above, maids have the tendency to snoop on your belongings. However, in some instances would also take the opportunity try on your clothes whilst you are away. Some tend to get attracted to see how they will look in expensive and signature clothing.
8. Secretly Naps – Maids in hotels tend to be very busy because of all the rooms and guests they have to take care of. It would be nice to take a nap just to replenish your energy, right? Some maids have revealed that if there are no occupants in the room for a long time, they take naps. It often happens in huge rooms where they are expected to spend longer time cleaning.
9. Minibar Items – It is common among small fridge or pantries in hotel rooms. To consume the contents, you have to pay for them. Still, before indulging in the products inside the fridge, check its expiration date. Some of the items inside may have already gone off and not safe to eat.
10. They Know Everything – You think your chamber maid do not know anything about you? Well, that’s where you’re wrong. Reports say that hotels may have looked up your profile on social media to see the things you prefer. Through this practice, they know if you are in for a serious business or having an affair with someone. Yes, they know it all.
After learning all these facts, are you still comfortable on the idea of staying in a hotel room?
Wacth the video below:
What can you say about the dirty secrets that hotel maids are keeping? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.