The ‘90s was an unforgettable decade for those who grew up during it. It was a time when the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys ruled the airwaves, educational kiddie shows like “Sineskwela” and “Hiraya Manawari” taught children valuable lessons, and fashion trends were dominated by high-waisted jeans.
‘90s kids will remember rushing back home after school dismissal to catch “Ghost Fighter” (Yu Yu Hakusho) and “Fushigi Yuugi.” The internet was still in its infancy and mady kids still preferred playing outdoor games such as patintero, piko, and luksong baka.
Ah, those were such afternoon delights. One of the most enjoyable things about ‘90s culture was the rise in popularity of the Filipino showbiz loveteam. These loveteams taught young and innocent ‘90s-era hearts what ~love~ is.
Way before JaDine, KathNiel, LizQuen, JoshLia, DongYan, and all these other modern-day tandems that are topping the charts today, we had these loveteams. Check them out below.
1. Angelu de Leon and Bobby Andrews
2. Marvin Agustin and Jolina Magdangal
3. Claudine Barretto and Rico Yan
4. Judy Ann Santos and Wowie de Guzman
5. Christopher Roxas and Gladys Reyes
6. Chubi del Rosario and Anne Curtis
7. Chuckie Dreyfus and Isabel Granada
8. Dingdong Dantes and Antoinette Taus
9. Jericho Rosales and Angelika dela Cruz
10. Michael Flores and Bernadette Allyson
11. Onemig Bondoc and Ciara Sotto
12. Polo Ravales and Sunshine Dizon
13. Red Sternberg and Rica Peralejo
The early 2000s:
1. Jericho Rosales and Kristine Hermosa
2. John Prats and Heart Evangelista
3. Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin
BONUS ROUND – the 80s:
1. Romnick Sarmenta and Sheryl Cruz
For more info, watch this below:
What do you think of this list? Did it make you feel nostalgic? Did we miss any other famous loveteams from the 90s and early 2000s? Share them with us in the comments field below!